The 23rd Executive Council of IAB is delighted to announce that, a Student Awards Program is to be introduced from this year ‐ 2019. IAB is happy to have KSRM‐ a leading steel manufacturer of Bangladesh, as the sponsor for this noble initiative. In the name of “KSRM Awards for the Future Architects”‐ in association with IAB, is intended to recognize the best thesis/final projects of the graduating students of IAB accredited architecture schools of Bangladesh, to honor the studio teachers, the schools and to showcase the selected exemplary thesis/ final projects of the architecture schools.
Students who have completed their final year thesis or project within the last one year and short listed by their respective schools of architecture are eligible to participate in this Award program. Each school would be able to submit maximum 3 (three) projects in each award cycle (from July to June of the calendar year). The Award program shall be held once in a year, beginning from 2019.
IAB is now calling for entries from the architecture student community to design an appropriate Logo in the name and style “KSRM Awards for the Future Architects” for the aforesaid program that embodies the spirit of the event and creative potential of the graduating future architects.
Any current student from IAB accredited B. Arch programs of Bangladesh
Saturday, September 14, 2019
Submission ONLY through email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jpeg/Pdf version of each proposed logo with Design Concept in one A4 size file
(Concept in not more than 200 words) not more than 10MB in size
- A copy of valid University Student ID (both sides) attested by Head of Department
- A copy of the filled up Declaration Form with signature
1st Prize: Tk. 25,000/‐ and a Certificate
2nd Prize: Tk. 15,000/‐ and a Certificate
3rd Prize: Tk. 10,000/‐ and a Certificate
RULES & REGULATIONS
- Participants can only submit individually.
- Any participant may submit maximum 3 entries separately.
- An entry may be disqualified if:
- The eligibility requirements, submission requirements and submission deadline are
- There is any attempt to influence the decision of the Jury.
PANEL OF JURORS
- Ar. Ehsan Khan Vice President, International Relations, IAB
- Ar. Mamnoon Murshed Chowdhury, Vice President, National Affairs, IAB
- KSRM Representative
The panel of Jurors reserves the right to select the winners of the competition. The
panel has also the right to decline to choose from any submitted proposal if deemed
NOT UPTO THE STANDARD OF EXPECTATION.
By participating in the competition, participants confirm their acceptance:
- to the guidelines & regulations of the competition as specified above and the decision
announced by the panel of Jury.
- to incorporate the suggestion from the panel of Jury to improve the proposal to
qualify as possible winner/s.
The proposal of the 1st WINNER shall be accepted to be used as the official Logo of the
Award program with necessary revision according to the suggestions from the panel of
The result will be announced on a suitable date after the jury session is over.
For any further inquiry please contact:
Ar. Arefeen Ibrahim MIAB
IAB Centre, Plot 11, Block E, Road 7, Agargaon, Sher‐E‐Bangla Nagar, Dhaka 1207
Phone: +880255007196, +880255007197